Wednesday, November 03, 2010

(before you read further, nothing happened recently. This is just something I wanted to say all along, I found the right words today.)

Tears are just by-products of emotions, nothing more

It's not the sympathy I need when I cry, I don't even want it. It's just a natural reaction, not so much of an expression of my emotions but a by-product.

Asking "why are you crying?" (in the "Is there any use in crying when it doesn't change anything?" kind of tone) is like asking "what's the use of being happy/sad?" Do these questions actually make sense?

It doesn't go as far as "why are you crying? You want my sympathy? You want me to be nicer to you now?" like most people think. Not for my case at least. It's funny how alot of people think people cry because they want the attention, or want others to take pity on them and forgive them etc.

-

I'm quite immune to tears. This sounds strange after all that I've said but it makes sense. I'm immune to it that's why I don't think there's a problem with it, or I won't feel uneasy when I see someone crying. I grew up in an environment where it's not seen as a sign of weakness.

I'm unlikely to comfort people when they're crying unless I understand their situation. (I try to understand most of the time, of course) Yeah maybe I'm strange like that. So don't be too freaked out when I start crying or something, leave me alone if its disturbing.

No comments: